Around last year August (2014), I graduated from secondary school; and trust me, home was extraordinarily boring. I thought of things I could do to keep me busy, then a friend introduced web development to me. The first computer language I learnt was HTML , so I decided to practice/brush-up my HTML skills by blogging with Wapka Content management system .
I successfully developed a wapka website for myself; trust me, you don’t really want to kow the name I firstly choose for the website, before getting a better name .tk. Subscribing on my MTN line was a little bit challenging; I knew there would surely be a way to upload songs for download with just a little kilobytes, ‘cos I strongly believe in:
There is nothing impossible
You can easily provide songs, videos, games e.t.c for download, without actually touching a single byte of your Diskspace like I didn’t, just follow the steps I’d be explaining correctly. And when people click on the download link on your website, they easily get the item downloaded without them getting redirected to a page or another website. Now to how the magic(just kidding) works.
For Opera or UC Browser (Mobile) :
Actually, this method works for any browser on your mobile phone or tablet. I’m pretty sure that you’re not the first to upload whichever songs, videos, games or applications you’re willing to upload. So the first thing to do is to locate any other websites that has the item you need to upload for your users or guests. After which you have located any website/websites that have gotten this, follow the steps below.
- Click on the download link of the song (for example) you wish to upload on your website, just as if you want to download the song.
- After clicking on the download link, if it redirects you to any other page, check if the page has the download link again then click on it if it does; until it brings an option for you to save the item you wish to download. Then, click on Cancel .
- After cancelling, now hover (move the cursor to) on the download link and Click-Hold the link; i.e. Holding the select or okay button till an option box pops up. If you’re using a touch screen, Press- hold the link till an option box pops up. The option box on Opera mini browser should look like this:
The option box asks if you would like to open the link in another tab, or if you would like to Select texts.
- Now select the option that says open in another tab. So after the link opens in another tab, it should ask you where you wish to save the item you are about to download, click on the cancel option.
- After which you have done this, copy the the URL on the address bar, i.e.
For Wapka website owners or any website/cms that supports bbcode/wcode
- Create a new theme in any forum you wish to display the song for download.
- Write any corresponding topic alongside your desired content, then you can paste the below code wherever you want the download link to appear.
[url=http://paste_the_link_you_copied_here] Download music [/url]
Don’t forget to replace the paste_the_link_you_copied_here with the link that you copied in Step 1
For wordpress website owners/any cms/website that allows a standard html linking on posts
- Create a new post for the song’s download, add any title you desire alongside the corresponding content.
- Then paste the below html code wherever you want the download link to show.
and then you can click on publish.
After successful completion of this, you can feel the posts you published with the download links acting just as if you uploaded the items on your website or blog. Your friends that doesn’t know this method would start to wonder if you use magic when they see numerous files you provide for download, and yet: you still have enough, intact and untouched diskspace. Note : I didn’t explain how this could be done on a Pc because I assume that: if you could afford subscribing on your modem or anything so as to connect your Pc to the internet, you should be able to download and re-upload the file on your website or blog normally; without using the above explained method.
Feel free to repeat this method anytime and all over again. Let me know if you encounter any problem by dropping a comment. I hope I helped in a way? Happy uploading #winks